Breakfast is undoubtedly the most important meal of the day. It marks the start of a brand new day and has the chance of keeping you energized throughout the day. Some people like to eat big slabs of buttermilk pancakes and mounds of bacon in the morning, but these foods have the chance of hindering your energy throughout the day and are most definitely not the healthiest options. In the morning it's best to eat the right meal that will keep your energized throughout the day. Here are our five favorite breakfast foods for energy.
- Eggs - There is no arguing the fact that eggs are the ultimate breakfast food and while they're popular, they're also great for energy. Eggs contain choline, a nutrient in the B Vitamin family, an essential vitamin for energy. Eggs are also packed with proteins, allowing you to feel full for longer.
- Oatmeal - For some reason oatmeal gets a bad rap and for no reason! Oatmeal is loaded with protein, fiber and complex carbohydrates that will keep you energized for well after your breakfast. If you add in some skim milk, you'll get an extra shot of protein.
- Greek Yogurt - Full of probiotics, protein and fats, Greek yogurt is a great source breakfast for energy. Greek yogurt is also known to help with fat loss and keep your gut healthy. Some may not like the taste of plain Greek yogurt, so it's a great idea to top it off with a fruit like strawberries of blueberries.
- Nuts - Most nuts like walnuts and Brazil nuts contain omega-3 fats, potassium, monosaturated fat and selenium. Don't be scared away by the amount in calories or fats in nuts, because your body won't absorb all of it. Instead, a serving of nuts will keep you full and energized in the morning.
- Cottage Cheese and Grapefruit - Some skip the eggs in the morning and go for cottage cheese. This cheese is high in protein, just like like eggs. If you throw some slices of grapefruit or another citrus fruit into the cottage cheese, you'll get a great serving of vitamin C and protein.
If you didn't happen to get a great breakfast or are still feeling in need of an energy boost, you can always go for a NutroVape Energy natural vaporizer. Each of these inhalable energy aids are a natural blend of caffeine, taurine, and amino acids that will get you going early in the monring, but will leave you feeling refreshed and alert through the day.