Going out for a night of drinking? While the time you spend drinking and partying may be fun, it's the hangover that comes after that makes that night seem like it wasn't worth it. That hangover that you're feeling is due to a multitude of things, including dehydration, an irritated stomach, lowered blood sugar and more. Thankfully, there are a few things you can do in order to prevent that hangover from coming on after a night of drinking.
Here are our five best ways to avoid a hangover.
1. Drink Water - One of the most important things you can do while out for a night of drinks is to drink water. We're not talking about drinking an entire gallon at the end of the night, but consistent drinks throughout your alcohol consumption.
2. Take Some Medication - If you've got a headache, try having a pain killer like ibuprofen. For upset stomach, go for something like Pepto-Bismol. However, it's important to not take any medication with acetaminophen, as it can cause liver issues if mixed with alcohol.
3. Eat Some Food - Before you start drinking, be sure you have a full stomach and make sure you're having little snack throughout the night. You know those little bar pretzels? Eat 'em up! By having food in your stomach, you'll reduce how high your blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) will be.
4. Hair of the Dog - You've heard it before: "Just have some hair of the dog that bit you." This refers to having an alcoholic drink during a hangover. The scientific explanation is that when you drink, the alcohol holds glutamate back, making your body produce more. When you wake up in the morning, you'll be overloaded with it, which can cause headaches, irritability and more. If you have that hangover drink, you'll temporarily stop that glutamate influx.
5. NutroVape Recover - Our product, Recover, will help relieve hangover symptoms through a natural blend of Prickly Pear, Milk Thistle, Green Tea, L-Theanine, Glutathione, Tumeric Root, and Vitamin B-12. Each of these ingredients were handpicked for their properties that include: increasing mental awareness (B Vitamins), reduced inflammation and symptons (Prickly Pear Extract, Milk Thistle Extract), settled stomach (Tumeric) and more. For more information, be sure to click here.